About this product
As seen in Eventing Nation
The signature product that started it all. We handcraft our browbands out of J.& E. Sedgwick & Co.'s legendary English bridle leather in Havana (dark brown) or black to match your existing bridle. Then we wrap them in the ribbon options of your choice and finish them with a classic tassel by each loop to give your horse a uniquely classic look with a modern twist. Limitless ribbon color combinations and weave patterns allow you to complement your racing silks, cross-country or barn colors, or create a coordinated look for your team or Pony Club. Pair with a matching belt to show your true colors!
Details & Sizing
To measure correctly for a perfect fit, please use a flexible measuring tape and the Boy-O-Boy Sizing & Measuring Guide.
- 3/4” wide
- Rbbon-lined, with a tassel by each loop
- Colorfast and pretreated for stains
- Won’t stretch, degrade in contact with sweat, fade in sunlight or run when wet
- Available browband sizes: Small Pony (13"), Pony (14"), Cob (15"), Full (16"), and Oversize (17")
- The loops of our Straight Traditional Finish ribbon browbands are sized to fit standard 1"-wide English bridle crown pieces. Got an anatomical bridle or a padded crown piece? Don't worry. We can make your new Boy-O-Boy browband fit bridles with wider crown pieces too. Available loop sizes: 1" (standard), 1.25," or 1.5."
The ribbonwork sections of all Boy-O-Boy Bridleworks items are pretreated to repel stains; in most instances, a quick wipe with a clean, damp cloth will be enough to remove any dust and keep your custom browband looking great for years to come. Velvet browbands do well with a periodic once-over with your barn's grooming vacuum to help remove any dirt or dander without crushing the nap.
If your browband gets wet, allow it to dry thoroughly (preferably in sunlight) before gently brushing off any mud spatter. If necessary, clean and condition the visible leather sections (only) with saddle soap and harness oil, as you would any fine tack. To avoid permanent damage to your browband, please do not use leather cleaners, conditioners, or oil on the ribbon sections.